Denver Injury Claim Lawyer
A serious accident or injury caused by another party’s negligence can turn your life upside down. If you have been injured in Denver, you need a team of lawyers on your side with the skills and resources to help you fully recover – physically, personally, and vocationally.
Have You Been Injured? How Our Lawyers Can Help
At The Sawaya Law Firm, our practice has been dedicated exclusively to helping injured people for more than 35 years. We have helped thousands of people in Denver, Greeley, and throughout northeastern Colorado and the Rocky Mountains. Many of our attorneys, including our founding attorney, Michael G. Sawaya, have been listed among Colorado Super Lawyers®.
When you work with our firm after a serious accident, our Denver injury lawyers will thoroughly investigate your accident and carefully document the facts in your case and the full extent of your injuries. We will help you get the medical care you need and actively pursue the compensation you deserve. Our experienced injury attorneys are aggressive advocates when dealing with insurance companies on your behalf.
Injury Claim FAQS
Since 1977, the dedicated attorneys at The Sawaya Law Firm have been fierce advocates for people who suffered harm due to someone else’s negligence. We represent people who were hurt in car crashes, workplace accidents, slip-and-fall accidents, and other types of traumatic events.
Although every injury claim case we handle is different, we frequently answer the following questions during our free initial consultations with clients:
Your initial consultation with us is free. We offer this no-obligation case evaluation so you can get a better idea of what your claim is worth and learn how our attorneys can help you.
For personal injury cases, The Sawaya Law Firm does not charge clients upfront to get started working on their claims. We will handle your claim on a contingency fee basis, meaning our legal fees will come as a percentage of the compensation you receive at the conclusion of your case. If we do not win compensation for you, we do not charge any fees.
Our Denver injury claim attorneys will thoroughly assess your claim to determine what full and fair compensation should be in your case. This could include:
- Payment for medical bills, including medical costs you may incur in the future due to your injury
- Compensation for damage to your property, such as if your car was wrecked
- Lost income, including reduced earning capacity if you cannot go back to the same job you had before the accident
- Payment to account for your pain and suffering
- Punitive damages, which are meant to punish the at-fault party in extreme cases
That depends on you. The insurance company will likely offer you a low settlement quickly to try to pressure you to sign away your rights. Keep in mind that if you are coping with a serious injury, there is no way to know immediately what your future costs may be and how your life will be affected. Ideally, you should wait until your doctor decides you have reached maximum medical improvement so you can more accurately assess your situation.
As your attorney builds a case for full compensation, the insurance company may also try to drag out negotiations with the hopes that you will get tired of waiting and will accept less than what you deserve. Patience is key when it comes to pursuing just compensation for what you’ve been through.
Remember, you are in control of this process and can decide to reject or accept an offer at any time. Our attorneys are here to ensure you understand your legal rights and are negotiating from a position of strength.
When dealing with an insurance company, you may feel like you can file a claim and negotiate a settlement on your own. And that may be true if you only suffered minor property damage, such as a small ding to your car. However, if you are coping with any injuries, it is worth scheduling a free consultation with an experienced injury claim attorney.
Assessing the damages related to injury claims can be complicated. And insurers have armies of lawyers on their side to help avoid paying out any more than they have to. A skilled injury lawyer understands insurance company strategies and will fight for the compensation you deserve.
Our experienced lawyers will develop a smart legal strategy and manage all the details of your claim so you can focus on healing. At The Sawaya Law Firm, you can count on our dedicated attorneys to:
- Take over communication with the at-fault party and the insurance company
- Contact your health care provider about the medical bills that are piling up
- Thoroughly investigate your accident and collect all the evidence
- Identify every potentially liable party
- Carefully document your injuries
- Enlist the opinions of medical and financial experts to determine just how much your injury will affect you into the future
- Negotiate with the insurance company and be prepared to take your case to court to demand maximum compensation for you
Colorado law sets a time limit for how long you have to file an injury claim. In most cases, you have two years from the date of your injury or, in some cases, from the date you discovered your injury to file a claim. In the case of car accidents, you have three years to file a lawsuit.
No matter what the statute of limitations is on your claim, you should schedule a free consultation with an experienced attorney as soon as possible. A skilled attorney will want to start gathering evidence and building a case right away.
There are many types of situations that can lead to an injury claim ─ car crashes, slip-and-fall accidents, construction site injuries, dangerous and defective products, and the list goes on. Generally, you may have a claim if:
- Someone owed a duty of care to you (such as a store owner or another driver on the road).
- The at-fault party did not exercise reasonable care (such as a store owner knowingly leaving a puddle on the floor or a driver texting instead of watching the road).
- That negligence resulted in your injuries.If you have been hurt in an accident and suspect you have an injury claim, contact the dedicated attorneys at The Sawaya Law Firm now for a free consultation.
If you have lost a loved one in an accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence, you may be able to pursue compensation in a wrongful death claim. Depending on the circumstances of the case, surviving spouses, children, parents, and representatives of the estate may have the right to file such a claim. Compensation that can be recovered in a wrongful death claim includes medical expenses, funeral expenses, lost wages and benefits, loss of companionship, and punitive damages.