The Sawaya Law Firm Sponsors the 2013 Mayor’s Diversity Awards
The Sawaya Law Firm is proud to be the lead sponsor of the 2013 Mayor’s Diversity Awards presented by the African-American Commission on Thursday, October 17th. We support the city’s value and commitment to diversity and inclusiveness.
The African American culture and its influence on the American heritage will be celebrated with the theme, “The Shoulders We Stand Upon.” Please see below for a full list of sponsors and award recipients. For event information, please contact Beth Woodruff at Elizabeth.email@example.com or (303) 315-0591.
- Diversity Leader: The Sawaya Law Firm
- Inclusive Excellence Leader: Human Rights & Community Partnerships
- Civic Sponsors: AARP, U.S. Bank and Xcel Energy
- Unity Sponsor: Cooney Associates, Denver African American Commission, Denver Commission for People with Disabilities, Denver Health, Denver International Airport, DreaMaker Productions, LLC, Trilogy Financial
- Denver African American Commission: Ryan Ross, PH.D.
- Denver American Indian Commission: Shawn Martinez
- Denver Asian Pacific American Commission: Heritage Camps for Adoptive Families
- Denver Commission for People with Disabilities: Chanda Hinton
- Denver Commission on Aging: Benita Muniz
- Denver Office of Strategic Partnerships Commission: Lisa Duran
- Denver GLBT Commission: Karen Collier
- Denver Latino Commission: Jesse Ogas
- Denver Women’s Commission: Girls Incorporated of Metro Denver
- Denver Commission on Immigrant & Refugee: Colorado Providers for Integration Network
The Sawaya Law Firm is Denver’s personal injury law firm. With over 40 years of experience and a compassionate team prepared to listen to your story, The Sawaya Law Firm is here to help. Contact us anytime.
Michael established The Sawaya Law Firm in 1977 and built it into one of the largest personal injury law firms in Colorado, with more than 20 lawyers and 80 staff members serving clients from five offices located in Denver, Greeley and Colorado Springs. Throughout its history, the firm has stayed true to its 12 Core Values, which emphasize excellence in advocacy and a commitment to providing outstanding client service. Michael studied sociology and economics as an undergraduate student at The Colorado College, and he earned his law degree from the Texas Tech University School of Law. In addition to being involved in several legal and community organizations, Michael enjoys playing music and cooking, and he has written a book on spiritual matters.