Denver & Colorado VA Disability Lawyer
You have served your country, now allow us to serve you. Recently, the laws governing veteran’s disability benefits have changed substantially. The new laws essentially enable attorneys to represent veterans who are seeking disability benefits from the Veterans Administration.
Contact Your Colorado VA Disability Lawyer
Call 303-466-3529 or contact us online today to discuss your concerns. Speak with an experienced:
- CA Disability Attorney in Denver
- Colorado Springs VA Disability Lawyer
- Fort Collins VA Disability Lawyer
- Greeley VA Disability Lawyer
There’s no fees unless we win your case.
At The Sawaya Law Firm in Denver and Denver, Colorado, we have extensive experience representing people seeking benefits before administrative agencies. This gives us the necessary skills to effectively present your claims to the VA. Call a VA disability attorney in Denver today. We have someone available to discuss your case 24 hours a day, 7 days a week no matter where you are, including Colorado Springs, the Denver Metro Area and Greeley.
Denver Phone: 303-466-3529
Toll Free: 866-701-7302
We can also be contacted via email.
As a veteran, you may be eligible for two types of Veterans disability benefits: service-connected compensation and non-service connected pension.
- Service-connected compensation may be available for veterans with an injury or illness that developed or was aggravated during active military service. For example, many veterans returning from combat suffer from brain injury, amputation or post-traumatic stress disorder syndrome (PTSD).
- Non-service connected pension may be available for service members who served at least 90 days of active duty, including at least 1 day during a period of war. To be eligible for this pension, you must meet income requirements and be permanently and totally disabled or older than 65. A surviving spouse, child or parent may also be entitled to some benefits.
To apply for either service-connected or non-service connected veteran’s disability benefits, you can file an application with the Veterans Administration Regional Office or at the Veterans Hospital, and you will receive a rating decision. Most of the time, these rating decisions are not favorable. You may be denied benefits, or you may not be granted full benefits. This is where a disability attorney in Denver can help.
Protect Your Rights to VA Disability Benefits
Upon receiving your rating decision, you have one year to appeal this decision by filing a Notice of Disagreement. Once you file this notice, you will undergo a review process with either the Board of Veterans Appeals or a review officer at the VA Regional Office. The officer or agent will issue a decision.
Again, you have the opportunity to appeal this decision before the Veteran Law Judge at The Board of Veterans Appeals. At this hearing, the Veteran Law Judge will review all of your records and ask you about your medical condition, medical history, service activity, work experience and the restrictions caused by your medical condition.
This hearing is generally the best opportunity to win your case – but your case must be properly presented. Our Colorado veteran’s disability benefits lawyers can help you effectively prepare and present your case to improve the likelihood of a successful resolution.
Contact a VA Disability Attorney in Denver
Contact us today via email, or call us to discuss your claims with one of our attorneys. As a result of our nationwide network of VA disability benefits attorneys, we are able to effectively serve clients across the country.
Meet Michael Sawaya
Our founding partner Michael Sawaya is passionate about his practice, that’s why he personally meets with every personal injury client. Let his 40 years of experience guide you through the difficult experience of recovering from a motor vehicle accident.