Car Accident Lawyer in Denver, CO
Car accidents happen every day, in Denver and across the nation. If you have been injured in a car accident that was someone else’s fault, The Sawaya Law Firm can help.
Our Car Accident Attorney Can Help You
A December 2014 report from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) indicated that in 2013 21,132 passenger vehicle occupants were killed and 2,046,000 were injured in traffic collisions on U.S. roadways. Passenger car and light truck occupants accounted for 65 percent of traffic fatalities that year.
There are many reasons for car accidents, but most are caused by some type of driver error. Whether you have been injured in an accident caused by a drunk driver, a distracted driver, a drowsy driver, or someone who simply failed to exercise safe driving behavior, your best course of action is to consult with an experienced Denver car wreck accident attorney.
- 1 Our Car Accident Attorney Can Help You
- 2 Car Accident FAQs
- 3 Contact Your Denver Auto Accident Lawyer
- 4 Types of Cases Our Accident Injury Lawyers Handle
- 5 Common Types of Injuries in Car Accidents
- 6 What To Do If You Get Into a Car Accident
- 7 Damages Available in Car Accident Claims
- 8 Our Car Accident Attorneys Serve Denver, Greeley and All of Colorado
Car Accident FAQs
For 40 years, the dedicated car accident attorneys at The Sawaya Law Firm have been fighting for the rights of people who were seriously hurt in crashes that could have been prevented. Although every claim we handle is different, many of our clients frequently ask the following questions during our free initial consultations.
Contact Your Denver Auto Accident Lawyer
Call 303-466-3529 or contact us online today to discuss your concerns. Speak with an experienced:
- Denver Car Accident Lawyer
- Colorado Springs Car Accident Lawyer
- Fort Collins Car Accident Lawyer
- Greeley Car Accident Lawyer
There’s no fee unless we win your case.
Types of Cases Our Accident Injury Lawyers Handle
The accident injury lawyers at The Sawaya Law Firm have successfully handled numerous car accident cases. After many years of personal injury practice, we have developed a network of resources to help you seek to recover fully from your accident and injuries.
Types of car accident cases we handle include rear end collisions, head-on collisions, T-bone accidents, collisions in intersections, car crashes on the interstate, drunk driving accidents, drugged driving accidents, drowsy driving accidents, distracted driving accidents, speeding and reckless driving accidents, and traffic crashes in highway construction zones. No matter what type of car accident you have suffered, we want to hear your story at The Sawaya Law Firm.
Common Types of Injuries in Car Accidents
Many types of injuries can occur in car accidents. Common injuries include:
- Brain injuries from blows to the head, jolting of the brain, or piercing head injuries.
- Head and facial injuries, including eye, ear, jaw, and dental injuries.
- Neck and back injuries, such as whiplash and damage to the vertebrae, ligaments, and discs, or to the spinal cord itself.
- Crushed larynx or trachea
- Chest injuries, including broken ribs or sternum.
- Diaphragm rupture from blunt or penetrating trauma to the lower chest or trunk.
- Hip fractures and abdominal organ injuries, particularly in front and side-impact collisions.
- Leg and knee injuries from crushing or impact with a part of the car.
- Foot and ankle injuries, including strains, sprains, and fractures.
What To Do If You Get Into a Car Accident
- Stay calm and determine whether you or anyone else involved in the crash has been hurt.
- Call 911 for emergency medical help and assistance from the police.
- Move to a safer place. If your vehicle is at risk of being hit by traffic, move it to the side of the road, if possible. If you cannot safely move the car, get out of the car, if you are able, and walk to a safer place.
- Exchange information with the other drivers in the accident, including their names, contact information, insurance information, license plate numbers and driver’s license numbers.
- Do not admit fault for the accident or apologize. The less you say to the others involved, the better.
- Cooperate with the police by answering their questions honestly, but do not speculate about the cause of the crash or offer more detail than what you’re asked.
- Get contact information from any witnesses who saw the accident and take pictures of the accident scene. If you are unable to do this yourself due to your injuries, see if a passenger or someone else on the scene can assist you.
- Seek prompt medical treatment. Even if at first you don’t think you were hurt, it is still important to get a complete medical exam. Some potentially life-threatening injuries do not immediately show symptoms. Make sure the doctor knows you were in a crash.
- Report the accident to your insurance company as soon as you are able. However, you should avoid giving any type of recorded or written account of the accident without the advice of a car accident lawyer.
- Do not accept an insurance company’s settlement offer without the advice of an attorney. Insurers may try to make your claim go away quickly and cheaply with a lowball offer soon after the crash. Don’t fall for it.
- Get help from an experienced Colorado car accident lawyer as soon as possible. The Sawaya Law Firm in Denver offers free claim reviews and advice about your legal options after an accident. There is no charge for our services unless and until we recover compensation for you.
- Follow through with medical treatments. Make sure to go to all appointments and comply with doctor’s orders.
- Keep all receipts and other paperwork regarding the accident in one place. You may also want to write short notes each day regarding how your injuries have affected your daily life. Describe the pain you are suffering and how the injuries have prevented you from performing your normal activities.
Damages Available in Car Accident Claims
If another party is responsible for your car accident, you may be entitled to claim damages. It is in your best interests to consult with an experienced Denver, Colorado accident lawyer as soon as possible after a serious car accident. At The Sawaya Law Firm, we offer a free case consultation, and we can advise you of the damages you may be entitled to claim.
All drivers have a duty to exercise reasonable care on the roadways. If someone failed to do so and caused your car accident and injuries, you have a right to seek compensation for your losses. Damages may include medical expenses, lost wages, lost earning potential, pain and suffering, and property damage.
Our Car Accident Attorneys Serve Denver, Greeley and All of Colorado
At The Sawaya Law Firm, our practice has been dedicated to helping injured people for more than 35 years. When you work with our firm, our Denver car accident attorneys will immediately begin investigating your accident and filing accident injury claims for the compensation you need. Call us today to get our skilled and dedicated legal team working on your car accident case.