COVID-19 Update: Hire Us from the Comfort of Your Own Home Details here

Can I Handle My Own Claim For The Property Damage To My Car?

In most cases, you can settle your property damage claim on your own. You may decide to deal directly with the responsible person’s insurance company, or you may wish to settle under the collision portion of your own policy. If you settle with your insurance company, the company should make a claim against the responsible person’s insurance company and reimburse you for the deductible. This is part of the service that you pay for when you buy collision coverage. If your car was a total loss in the accident, there are several methods to help you figure out the fair market value of your car:

  1. Classified ads in the newspaper.
  2. NADA Book – call your bank or credit union.
  3. Auto Trader Magazine – can be purchased at many convenience stores.
  4. Car Dealers.

Once you’ve checked these sources, you should have a pretty good idea about the range of value for your car. When you settle your Property Damage Claim, be sure to let us review any documents before you sign them.

Be sure to check out our complete guide to Property Damage, and give us a call if you have any questions.

Posted in: Common Questions

Denver Law Office

1600 Ogden Street
Denver, CO 80218
United States (US)
Phone: 303-466-3529

Get Directions

Denver (Emerson) Law Office

1644 Emerson St.
Denver, CO 80232
United States (US)
Phone: 720-410-9528

Get Directions

Denver (Sheridan) Law Office

1238 S. Sheridan
Denver, CO 80232
United States (US)
Phone: 303-377-2665

Get Directions

Greeley Law Office

926 8th Avenue
Greeley, CO 80631
United States (US)
Phone: 970-372-0834

Get Directions

Colorado Springs Law Office

1304 North Academy Boulevard
Suite 106,
Colorado Springs, CO 80909
United States (US)
Phone: 719-888-4887

Get Directions